EGM Results – the “Association of Local Landlords” is born.

Filed in Landlords by on 4th March, 2016 0 Comments

NLA_LOGO_FINALYesterday evening we held an EGM to discuss and decide on the future of NLA Wessex.

Two proposals were tabled, to integrate fully with the National Landlords Association (NLA) as an NLA Branch or to re-brand and remain an independent local landlord organisation.

The EGM was convened to address two underlying issues: the fact that landlords are confused about who they are dealing with, NLA or NLA Wessex, and whether advice or information provided was accurate or in conflict with NLA policy.

The results of the EGM were 82% in favour of re-branding and remaining independent and 18% in favour of becoming a managed branch of the NLA.  There were no abstainers.

Rob Crawford, the Chair of NLA Wessex, thanked all those attending and for their contribution.  He added, “this is a new beginning where we will be open to all local landlords joining us irrespective of any national level organisation that they may already belong to, our aim is to serve all local landlords in the Wessex areas of Bristol, Bath, S Gloucestershire and NE Somerset”.

We will be updating our website and contact details in anticipation of exhibiting at the forthcoming Landlord Expo at the University of the West of England (UWE) on 17th March.  The Association of Local Landlords will be on stand 75 and will look forward to meeting you.

About the Author ()

Rob Crawford is the chairman of the Association of Local Landlords (Wessex). Rob is a practicing landlord with a property portfolio that includes small private residential properties and HMO's. Rob is a qualified letting agent and former owner of Kingfisher Lettings & Management. He is now a share holder of the successful online lettings company Lettingsupermarket.com.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.